Additional Funding/Pupil PremiumIn September 2017, the school received additional funding under the title “Pupil Premium” We have been given an additional £190,000 to spend on enhancing the children’s learning experiences.
This year we have planned to spend the money as follows:
- To provide all DAY school educational visits at a small cost to parents and to subsidise ALL residential visits by at least 70%. A list of all visits undertaken throughout the year can be found in the School Prospectus.
- To provide quality play experiences/equipment for all of the children. A new imagination play village area will be developed during the extension to the main building to ensure access to quality experiences for all children across all key stages.
- To provide further computer equipment (touch screen laptops and tablets) for the children to access a variety of learning through IT.
- To provide additional specialist support to children in Year 6 in preparation for their Key Stage 2 SAT tests.
- To provide additional specialist support for the disadvantaged children in Year 2 in preparation for their transition into Key Stage 2.
- To provide enrichment activities for the children to support their musical appreciation. We will employ a music specialist to deliver throughout the school.
- To provide 6 themed days, 1 each half term, to celebrate different cultures and their celebrations. We organise a variety of different companies into the school to provide a programme of multi cultural events throughout the year. Full details can be found on the SMSC page of the website.
- To purchase a new school uniform (jumper and tie) for every child registered at the school in September 2017.
- To provide a rucksack for all children entering KS2 and a book bag to all children entering the EYFS in September 2017.
We know that the children benefit greatly from this and enjoy the additional opportunities given to them through this funding.
The impact of this funding is seen through the high levels of achievement and progress of the pupils at the school and their enthusiasm and behaviour towards learning is outstanding. Please see below for percentage attainment breakdown of children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The impact of this funding last year (2016/2017)
File size: 0.1MB (PDF File)