Additional Funding 2013
In April 2013, the academy received additional funding under the title “Pupil Premium.” In September 2013, the academy received additional sports funding under the government “Olympic Legacy.” We have been given an additional £123,000 to spend on enhancing the children’s learning experiences.
This year we have planned to spend the money as follows:
- To provide all DAY academy educational visits at NO cost to parents and to subsidise ALL residential visits by at least 70%. A list of all visits undertaken throughout the year can be found in the Academy Prospectus.
- To purchase an additional minibus to ensure minimal coach hire when taking children on educational visits.
- To provide quality play experiences/equipment for our Key Stage 1 children. We plan to develop a garden area on the Key Stage 1 playground to provide a quiet space.
- To provide additional specialist support to children in Year 5 and 6 in preparation for their Key Stage 2 SAT tests.
- To provide additional specialist support for the More Able children in Year 2 in preparation for their transition into Key Stage 2.
- To provide enrichment activities for the children to support their musical appreciation. We will employ a music specialist to deliver throughout the academy.
- To provide enrichment activities for the children to support their engagement in PE. We employ Stoke City in the Community to deliver specialist games sessions each week to all key stages throughout the year. We also employ several specialist sports coaches to deliver after school sports clubs.
- To purchase a new academy uniform (jumper and tie) for every child registered at the school in September 2013.
- To purchase a new academy PE/Sports kit (shorts, T-Shirt and Hoodie) for every child registered at the school from September 2013.
We know that the children benefit greatly from this and enjoy the additional opportunities given to them through this funding.